For respondents who had ever been told that they have high blood pressure/hypertension (HYPERTENEV), HYPERTENAGE reports how old the person was when the high blood pressure/hypertension was first diagnosed.
HYPERTENAGE is one of a series of variables reporting age at first diagnosis of specific chronic conditions. Other variables in the series report age at diagnosis of the following conditions:
- coronary heart disease (CHEARTDIAGE)
- angina (ANGIPECAGE)
- heart attack (HEARTATTAGE)
- other heart condition (HEARTCONAGE)
- emphysema (EMPHYSEMAGE)
- high cholesterol (CHOLHIGHAGE)
- arthritis (ARTHGLUPAGE)
- asthma (ASTHMAAGE)
- adhd/add (ADDAGE)
This is a 2-digit numeric variable.
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019: Persons who were diagnosed with high blood pressure.
- 2008-2019 : PERWEIGHT