For respondents who had ever been told that they have high cholesterol (CHOLHIGHEV), CHOLHIGHAGE reports how old the person was when high cholesterol was first diagnosed.
CHOLHIGHAGE is one of a series of variables reporting age at first diagnosis of specific chronic conditions. Other variables in the series report age at diagnosis of the following conditions:
- high blood pressure/hypertension (HYPERTENAGE)
- coronary heart disease (CHEARTDIAGE)
- angina (ANGIPECAGE)
- heart attack (HEARTATTAGE)
- other heart disease (HEARTCONAGE)
- emphysema (EMPHYSEMAGE)
- arthritis (ARTHGLUPAGE)
- asthma (ASTHMAAGE)
- adhd/add (ADDAGE)
This is a 2-digit numeric variable.
- 2007-2019: Persons who were diagnosed with high cholesterol.
- 2007-2019 : PERWEIGHT