For respondents who had ever been told that they have emphysema (EMPHYSEMEV), EMPHYSEMAGE reports how old the person was when emphysema was first diagnosed.
EMPHYSEMAGE is one of a series of variables reporting age at first diagnosis of specific chronic conditions. Other variables in the series report age at diagnosis of the following conditions:
- high blood pressure/hypertension (HYPERTENAGE)
- coronary heart disease (CHEARTDIAGE)
- angina (ANGIPECAGE)
- heart attack (HEARTATTAGE)
- other heart disease (HEARTCONAGE)
- high cholesterol (CHOLHIGHAGE)
- arthritis (ARTHGLUPAGE)
- asthma (ASTHMAAGE)
- adhd/add (ADDAGE)
This is a 2-digit numeric variable.
ComparabilityThe comparability of this variable over time has not yet been assessed.
- 2008-2017 : PERWEIGHT